We have a more comprehensive preventative maintenance check than most diesel repair shops. We use a CJ4 oil which allows for Semi trucks to run for an average of 45,000 miles per oil change. This extended run in between oil changes saves drivers an average of $3,000/year since most oil changes need to be performed every 12-15,000 miles. The oil we use is a man made synthetic oil.
Our Preventative Maintenance Checks include a DOT Inspection and the following:
- Clutch adjustment
- Brake adjustment
- Greasing of the entire unit
- Checking all fluids and refilling if necessary
- Changing the filters
- Replacing the oil with Shell Rotella SAE 10w-30
- Checking all lights and replacing if necessary
- Checking the batteries and their connections
Appointments are not necessary, however a phone call is always appreciated to minimize wait times.
We also recommend that every truck be greased and have their brakes and clutch adjusted every month to month and a half. Again an appointment is not necessary for this maintenance, however a phone call is always appreciated to minimize wait times.